Photograph released of Lithuanian woman murdered in Wisbech
A PHOTOGRAPH has been released of the Lithuanian woman who was murdered in Wisbech. Jolanta Dumciuviene, who was 38, was found by police on Friday at her home in Milner Road.
A PHOTOGRAPH has been released of the Lithuanian woman who was murdered in Wisbech.
Jolanta Dumciuviene, who was 38, was found by police on Friday at her home in Milner Road.
The force control room was called at 6pm after someone grew concerned for her whereabouts.
The premises remain cordoned off today and are likely to be for several days more. House to house enquiries took place yesterday and are still ongoing and officers are taking witness statements.
You may also want to watch:
Leaflets written in Lithuanian are also being printed to hand to employers in the town, to inform their Lithuanian staff about the murder and to gather as much information as possible.
Det Insp Martin Brunning said: "We will be talking to as many of the Lithuanian community as possible to find people who knew Jolanta, and people who may have seen her in the days leading up to her murder.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
"We are looking at all opportunities available to us to find out what happened. We are working closely with charities in the town and focus groups set up within the Lithuanian community and other European population.
"It is important that we trace her movements in the week leading up to her death and for that we need people to speak to us."
CONTACT: Det Insp Brunning on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.