PHOTO SPECIAL: Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital hold 10th dog show
IT was best behaviour and time to brush up on appearances when the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital held its 10th dog show on Saturday. There was a Fun Dog Show, a Lurcher and Terrier Show and a SCAMPS qualifying heat for mixed breeds giving dogs a cha
IT was best behaviour and time to brush up on appearances when the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital held its 10th dog show on Saturday.
There was a Fun Dog Show, a Lurcher and Terrier Show and a SCAMPS qualifying heat for mixed breeds giving dogs a chance to go through to win the title of Supreme champion at SCAMPS 2009 in September.
Margaret Buck who organisers the show hopes to have raised around �500 for the North Cambs hospital. She said: "We had 106 entries in the fun show and then the Terriers and Lurchers. We had a really good day, everything went very well and the weather was good for most of the time."
Owners came with their dogs from a wide area including Yorkshire and Suffolk to show their dogs on the playing field. There were also stalls, refreshments, a raffle and tombola.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Buck who has 12 rescue dogs of her own, volunteered to organise a dog show 10 years ago and the event has proved so popular it is still an annual fundraiser for the hospital.
Winners from first to fourth places received rosettes and trophies for first places were donated by Elses of Leverington Common.
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 4 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election