PHOTO SPECIAL: Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital hold 10th dog show
IT was best behaviour and time to brush up on appearances when the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital held its 10th dog show on Saturday. There was a Fun Dog Show, a Lurcher and Terrier Show and a SCAMPS qualifying heat for mixed breeds giving dogs a cha
IT was best behaviour and time to brush up on appearances when the Outwell Friends of Wisbech Hospital held its 10th dog show on Saturday.
There was a Fun Dog Show, a Lurcher and Terrier Show and a SCAMPS qualifying heat for mixed breeds giving dogs a chance to go through to win the title of Supreme champion at SCAMPS 2009 in September.
Margaret Buck who organisers the show hopes to have raised around �500 for the North Cambs hospital. She said: "We had 106 entries in the fun show and then the Terriers and Lurchers. We had a really good day, everything went very well and the weather was good for most of the time."
Owners came with their dogs from a wide area including Yorkshire and Suffolk to show their dogs on the playing field. There were also stalls, refreshments, a raffle and tombola.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Buck who has 12 rescue dogs of her own, volunteered to organise a dog show 10 years ago and the event has proved so popular it is still an annual fundraiser for the hospital.
Winners from first to fourth places received rosettes and trophies for first places were donated by Elses of Leverington Common.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 6 Hammers and knives, drug driving and Covid-19 breaches lead to arrests
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Teacher’s 1,000 press-ups charity challenge in friend's memory