Oops! Residents in Wisbech lose phone lines after suspected drink driver smashes Mini into telegraph pole
- Credit: Twitter/@CambsCops
Some Fen residents went without a phone line at the weekend after a suspected drink driver smashed into a telegraph pole.
The driver slammed their white Mini Cooper into the Openreach pole on Clarkson Avenue in Wisbech on Sunday, November 24 at around midnight.
Pictures from the scene show the telephone pole completely destroyed, with the top half disconnected from the bottom just hanging from its wires.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Car vs BT pole on Clarkson Avenue in Wisbech.
"Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service and East of England Ambulance Service attended the scene, driver was arrested on suspicion of drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
"Road is currently closed for BT to attend and enquiries and on going. Don't drink and drive."
After re-opening the road, the spokesman added: "The above location is now open again following an RTC.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
"Openreach have attended and made the pole safe, however some properties have now lost their phone lines. Please contact your service provider."