Philippine bride arrives in Fens after visa battle
BARRY Collier s wife is getting used to life in the Fens after arriving from her native Philippines. Luz Collier checked in to Heathrow Airport last week and arrived at her new home in Money Bank, Wisbech later the same day. It brought to an end a 26-mont
BARRY Collier's wife is getting used to life in the Fens after arriving from her native Philippines.
Luz Collier checked in to Heathrow Airport last week and arrived at her new home in Money Bank, Wisbech later the same day.
It brought to an end a 26-month battle for Barry, after Luz's original application for a visa was refused for a number of reasons including an age difference of 33 years.
Since arriving, Barry has been showing Luz what the Fens has to offer, as well as his family and a number of friends.
You may also want to watch:
Barry said: "Luz was in a bit of a daze when she first got here, because it is a totally different experience for her, but she is getting acclimatised to the area slowly and is now settling in."
But Barry was not the only one excited about greeting Luz into the country. Luz's aunt and uncle, who live in Kent, slept at Heathrow last Wednesday morning to greet their niece through the terminal.
- 1 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Camp Beagle protest arrest on suspicion of ‘intimidation’
- 7 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 8 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire