Philippine bride arrives in Fens after visa battle
BARRY Collier s wife is getting used to life in the Fens after arriving from her native Philippines. Luz Collier checked in to Heathrow Airport last week and arrived at her new home in Money Bank, Wisbech later the same day. It brought to an end a 26-mont
BARRY Collier's wife is getting used to life in the Fens after arriving from her native Philippines.
Luz Collier checked in to Heathrow Airport last week and arrived at her new home in Money Bank, Wisbech later the same day.
It brought to an end a 26-month battle for Barry, after Luz's original application for a visa was refused for a number of reasons including an age difference of 33 years.
Since arriving, Barry has been showing Luz what the Fens has to offer, as well as his family and a number of friends.
You may also want to watch:
Barry said: "Luz was in a bit of a daze when she first got here, because it is a totally different experience for her, but she is getting acclimatised to the area slowly and is now settling in."
But Barry was not the only one excited about greeting Luz into the country. Luz's aunt and uncle, who live in Kent, slept at Heathrow last Wednesday morning to greet their niece through the terminal.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 8 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 9 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl