Busy few days for Pharaoh the llama includes show-stealing wedding appearance
- Credit: Archant
Donning a bow tie for the special occasion, Pharaoh the llama stole the show at a Wisbech wedding over the weekend.
Pharaoh, of Faster Lente Llamas, was the guest of honour as Charlotte Chapman and Joseph Williams tied the knot at Elme Hall Hotel.
The unexpected appearance came about after Charlotte – who is originally from Wisbech - requested a llama to attend her wedding as she and fiancé Joseph are in love with them.
But it wasn’t the couple that were the centre of attention, as Pharaoh - well-behaved at all times, and looked after by handler Tina Gambell - took the limelight by posing for pictures with dozens of guests.
It might have been a busy day for him but Pharaoh isn’t resting from his wild weekend just yet.
You may also want to watch:
Continuing his travels, he was snapped walking through Old Market – on route to Mendis for a meeting with members of the Wisbech Probus Club – by a local shop owner.
Andy Harris, of Seventh Heaven Video Game Centre in the town, who caught the unusual sight on camera, said: “I was talking to a customer and we both did a double take as it wandered by.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
“We both rushed out to have a look and managed to grab the photo. Something you don’t see everyday.
“The photo has gone mad, it has reached over 35,000 people and still going up!”
Posting the photo on their Facebook page, Seventh Heaven wrote: “Just a lady walking her llama through Old Market #nothingtoseeherefolks”.