Busy few days for Pharaoh the llama includes show-stealing wedding appearance
- Credit: Archant
Donning a bow tie for the special occasion, Pharaoh the llama stole the show at a Wisbech wedding over the weekend.
Pharaoh, of Faster Lente Llamas, was the guest of honour as Charlotte Chapman and Joseph Williams tied the knot at Elme Hall Hotel.
The unexpected appearance came about after Charlotte – who is originally from Wisbech - requested a llama to attend her wedding as she and fiancé Joseph are in love with them.
But it wasn’t the couple that were the centre of attention, as Pharaoh - well-behaved at all times, and looked after by handler Tina Gambell - took the limelight by posing for pictures with dozens of guests.
It might have been a busy day for him but Pharaoh isn’t resting from his wild weekend just yet.
You may also want to watch:
Continuing his travels, he was snapped walking through Old Market – on route to Mendis for a meeting with members of the Wisbech Probus Club – by a local shop owner.
Andy Harris, of Seventh Heaven Video Game Centre in the town, who caught the unusual sight on camera, said: “I was talking to a customer and we both did a double take as it wandered by.
- 1 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 2 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
“We both rushed out to have a look and managed to grab the photo. Something you don’t see everyday.
“The photo has gone mad, it has reached over 35,000 people and still going up!”
Posting the photo on their Facebook page, Seventh Heaven wrote: “Just a lady walking her llama through Old Market #nothingtoseeherefolks”.