Man who used mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers found with 34 other recordings dating back a year
- Credit: Archant
A man who used his mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers in Queensgate shopping Centre, Peterborough has been jailed for 20 months.
In May (2018) Nigel Matt, 56, was caught by security guards filming under the skirt of a female victim.
His home was searched and officers found 34 handheld recordings of women, dating back to July 2017.
Peterborough Crown Court heard that whilst on his lunch break from work, Matt would go to the shopping centre and select women that he found attractive. He would then follow them up an escalator to illegally film them.
At court, Peterborough resident Matt pleaded guilty to outraging public decency, admitting that he saved the footage to watch again later.
You may also want to watch:
Matt also faced further charges of voyeurism and taking and possessing indecent images of children for which he was also sentenced.
DC Victoria Speirs said: “Matt is a prolific offender with a string of offences spanning almost a year.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
“I hope that this sentence acts as a deterrent to others who may consider similar actions.”