Man who used mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers found with 34 other recordings dating back a year
- Credit: Archant
A man who used his mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers in Queensgate shopping Centre, Peterborough has been jailed for 20 months.
In May (2018) Nigel Matt, 56, was caught by security guards filming under the skirt of a female victim.
His home was searched and officers found 34 handheld recordings of women, dating back to July 2017.
Peterborough Crown Court heard that whilst on his lunch break from work, Matt would go to the shopping centre and select women that he found attractive. He would then follow them up an escalator to illegally film them.
At court, Peterborough resident Matt pleaded guilty to outraging public decency, admitting that he saved the footage to watch again later.
You may also want to watch:
Matt also faced further charges of voyeurism and taking and possessing indecent images of children for which he was also sentenced.
DC Victoria Speirs said: “Matt is a prolific offender with a string of offences spanning almost a year.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
“I hope that this sentence acts as a deterrent to others who may consider similar actions.”