Man who used mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers found with 34 other recordings dating back a year
- Credit: Archant
A man who used his mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers in Queensgate shopping Centre, Peterborough has been jailed for 20 months.
In May (2018) Nigel Matt, 56, was caught by security guards filming under the skirt of a female victim.
His home was searched and officers found 34 handheld recordings of women, dating back to July 2017.
Peterborough Crown Court heard that whilst on his lunch break from work, Matt would go to the shopping centre and select women that he found attractive. He would then follow them up an escalator to illegally film them.
At court, Peterborough resident Matt pleaded guilty to outraging public decency, admitting that he saved the footage to watch again later.
Matt also faced further charges of voyeurism and taking and possessing indecent images of children for which he was also sentenced.
DC Victoria Speirs said: “Matt is a prolific offender with a string of offences spanning almost a year.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 10 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
“I hope that this sentence acts as a deterrent to others who may consider similar actions.”