Man who used mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers found with 34 other recordings dating back a year
- Credit: Archant
A man who used his mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers in Queensgate shopping Centre, Peterborough has been jailed for 20 months.
In May (2018) Nigel Matt, 56, was caught by security guards filming under the skirt of a female victim.
His home was searched and officers found 34 handheld recordings of women, dating back to July 2017.
Peterborough Crown Court heard that whilst on his lunch break from work, Matt would go to the shopping centre and select women that he found attractive. He would then follow them up an escalator to illegally film them.
At court, Peterborough resident Matt pleaded guilty to outraging public decency, admitting that he saved the footage to watch again later.
Matt also faced further charges of voyeurism and taking and possessing indecent images of children for which he was also sentenced.
DC Victoria Speirs said: “Matt is a prolific offender with a string of offences spanning almost a year.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 5 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
“I hope that this sentence acts as a deterrent to others who may consider similar actions.”