Man who used mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers found with 34 other recordings dating back a year
- Credit: Archant
A man who used his mobile phone to film up the skirts of strangers in Queensgate shopping Centre, Peterborough has been jailed for 20 months.
In May (2018) Nigel Matt, 56, was caught by security guards filming under the skirt of a female victim.
His home was searched and officers found 34 handheld recordings of women, dating back to July 2017.
Peterborough Crown Court heard that whilst on his lunch break from work, Matt would go to the shopping centre and select women that he found attractive. He would then follow them up an escalator to illegally film them.
At court, Peterborough resident Matt pleaded guilty to outraging public decency, admitting that he saved the footage to watch again later.
You may also want to watch:
Matt also faced further charges of voyeurism and taking and possessing indecent images of children for which he was also sentenced.
DC Victoria Speirs said: “Matt is a prolific offender with a string of offences spanning almost a year.
- 1 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 6 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 7 Showcase status for Academy
- 8 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 9 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
“I hope that this sentence acts as a deterrent to others who may consider similar actions.”