Peterborough United led out for Preston North End game by our mascot competition winner
THE lucky winner of our competition to be Peterborough United s mascot for a day was Nehemiah Goodridge, aged nine, of Doddington. Nehemiah led the Posh out on January 26 for their Championship fixture against Preston North End.
THE lucky winner of our competition to be Peterborough United's mascot for a day was Nehemiah Goodridge, aged nine, of Doddington.
Nehemiah led the Posh out on January 26 for their Championship fixture against Preston North End, who are now led by former Peterborough boss Darren Ferguson.
And it was Ferguson who had the last laugh at London Road - because Preston won 1-0.
Nehemiah's parents correctly answered that Peterborough's leading goal scorer last season was Craig Mackail-Smith.
His prize included a tour of Peterborough's London Road stadium, a visit to the dressing rooms to meet the players and management, match tickets for two adults and two children and a Peterborough home strip.
He took his friend Reece Fellwell and parents Romney and Maureen Goodridge.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 5 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 6 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 7 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 10 Recap: Air ambulance attends A47 crash near Wisbech
Mr Goodridge said: "It was absolutely fantastic. The club was very hospitable and the players were really approachable. Nehemiah was a bit awestruck at first but he soon calmed down and asked lots of questions.
"We would like to thank the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard and Peterborough United for such a wonderful night."
• We will be giving away a family ticket for Peterborough's home match against Coventry City on March 6. Details on how to enter this competition will be published in the near future.