Persistence pays off for Scott as he qualifies as Chartered Accountant
IT was at the tender age of 14 that Scott Bishop decided, while on work experience, that he wanted to work in accountancy. And now, more than a decade later, he has achieved his ambition after recently qualifying as a Charted Accountant. Scott, 25, from E
IT was at the tender age of 14 that Scott Bishop decided, while on work experience, that he wanted to work in accountancy.
And now, more than a decade later, he has achieved his ambition after recently qualifying as a Charted Accountant.
Scott, 25, from Elm, a former Marshland High School pupil, went to the Wisbech office of Whiting and Partners Chartered Accountants for his work experience.
And when he had completed his AS Levels and an accountancy qualification, he was back at the firm, knocking on the door asking for a job, even though he was only 16.
He was taken on and has since worked his way up the ranks, and following four more years of training, he has qualified as a Chartered Accountant and is now a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
He is now a junior manager and deals with preparing accounts and tax returns for a wide range of businesses and individuals.
- 1 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 5 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 6 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 9 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
Scott said: "Gaining my qualification is a weight off my shoulders, and I am very pleased. Whiting and Partners have helped me all the way, and I am grateful for all the experience and support they have given me."
Chris Morton, Partner at the firm, said: "Scott is a very loyal and hard-working member of staff. He was persistent and determined in gaining his qualification and we are delighted he has achieved it.