Persistence pays off for Scott as he qualifies as Chartered Accountant
IT was at the tender age of 14 that Scott Bishop decided, while on work experience, that he wanted to work in accountancy. And now, more than a decade later, he has achieved his ambition after recently qualifying as a Charted Accountant. Scott, 25, from E
IT was at the tender age of 14 that Scott Bishop decided, while on work experience, that he wanted to work in accountancy.
And now, more than a decade later, he has achieved his ambition after recently qualifying as a Charted Accountant.
Scott, 25, from Elm, a former Marshland High School pupil, went to the Wisbech office of Whiting and Partners Chartered Accountants for his work experience.
And when he had completed his AS Levels and an accountancy qualification, he was back at the firm, knocking on the door asking for a job, even though he was only 16.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken on and has since worked his way up the ranks, and following four more years of training, he has qualified as a Chartered Accountant and is now a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
He is now a junior manager and deals with preparing accounts and tax returns for a wide range of businesses and individuals.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 6 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 7 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
Scott said: "Gaining my qualification is a weight off my shoulders, and I am very pleased. Whiting and Partners have helped me all the way, and I am grateful for all the experience and support they have given me."
Chris Morton, Partner at the firm, said: "Scott is a very loyal and hard-working member of staff. He was persistent and determined in gaining his qualification and we are delighted he has achieved it.