Pensioners treated to afternoon of music and entertainment at Wisbech Grammar School
PENSIONERS had the chance to go back to school as they were treated to an afternoon of tea and top-class musical entertainment at Wisbech Grammar School.
Pupils performed a musical medley, including Schumann and Gershwin, to around 35 senior citizens at their annual spring party on Tuesday.
The audience were made up of residents from Edina Court, Boyden Court, Parson Drove Day Centre and St Augustine’s Day Centre.
Members of the junior school, Magdalene House, performed songs from ‘Pinocchio’ and ‘The Sound of Music’ and pupils from class J2 and reception gave a sneak preview of a song and dance number, ‘Buzzin’ bees’ taken from their forthcoming musical.
Party-goers tucked into cakes made by year 11 food and nutrition students as well as joining in games of bingo with chocolate prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Jan Wildman, charities co-ordinator, said: “I was very pleased with how the pupils interacted with the senior citizens and I was delighted that everyone had such a good time.”
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k