Pensioners treated to afternoon of music and entertainment at Wisbech Grammar School
PENSIONERS had the chance to go back to school as they were treated to an afternoon of tea and top-class musical entertainment at Wisbech Grammar School.
Pupils performed a musical medley, including Schumann and Gershwin, to around 35 senior citizens at their annual spring party on Tuesday.
The audience were made up of residents from Edina Court, Boyden Court, Parson Drove Day Centre and St Augustine’s Day Centre.
Members of the junior school, Magdalene House, performed songs from ‘Pinocchio’ and ‘The Sound of Music’ and pupils from class J2 and reception gave a sneak preview of a song and dance number, ‘Buzzin’ bees’ taken from their forthcoming musical.
Party-goers tucked into cakes made by year 11 food and nutrition students as well as joining in games of bingo with chocolate prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Jan Wildman, charities co-ordinator, said: “I was very pleased with how the pupils interacted with the senior citizens and I was delighted that everyone had such a good time.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 5 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 6 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 7 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region