Pensioners treated to afternoon of music and entertainment at Wisbech Grammar School
PENSIONERS had the chance to go back to school as they were treated to an afternoon of tea and top-class musical entertainment at Wisbech Grammar School.
Pupils performed a musical medley, including Schumann and Gershwin, to around 35 senior citizens at their annual spring party on Tuesday.
The audience were made up of residents from Edina Court, Boyden Court, Parson Drove Day Centre and St Augustine’s Day Centre.
Members of the junior school, Magdalene House, performed songs from ‘Pinocchio’ and ‘The Sound of Music’ and pupils from class J2 and reception gave a sneak preview of a song and dance number, ‘Buzzin’ bees’ taken from their forthcoming musical.
Party-goers tucked into cakes made by year 11 food and nutrition students as well as joining in games of bingo with chocolate prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Jan Wildman, charities co-ordinator, said: “I was very pleased with how the pupils interacted with the senior citizens and I was delighted that everyone had such a good time.”
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out