Pedestrian dies in hospital following collision with a lorry near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has died following a collision with a lorry near Wisbech last night.
Police confirmed today that the pedestrian has died in hospital following the incident at Elm.
The man suffered serious head injuries after he was involved in a collision with a lorry on the A1101 shortly after 8pm.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: “He was taken to hospital but has since died as a result of his injuries.”
The road was closed while officers dealt with the incident and was later re-opened around midnight.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has information concerning it should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 5 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 6 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 7 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 8 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 9 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 10 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift