Pedestrian dies after collision involving car in Wistaria Road, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died this morning after a collision involving a car in Wisbech.
Police were called at about 10.20am today (March 21) to Wistaria Road and emergency services are currently at the scene.
“Sadly, the pedestrian suffered fatal injuries and has died at the scene,” said a police spokesman.
“The road is currently closed and is likely to remain closed for some time.
“Motorists are asked to avoid the area or expect delays.”
An East of England ambulance spokesman said: “We received a call today at 10.24am to reports of a serious RTC involving a pedestrian on Wisteria Road, Wisbech. We dispatched an ambulance crew two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance officer, and Magpas air ambulance to assist.
“Medics were on scene within two minutes of the call to treat the pedestrian but sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, they were pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with the friends and family involved at this time.”
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 3 Man arrested in Wisbech after illegally entering UK three times
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
Anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the collision should call the Road Policing Unit on 101.