Pedestrian dies after collision involving car in Wistaria Road, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died this morning after a collision involving a car in Wisbech.
Police were called at about 10.20am today (March 21) to Wistaria Road and emergency services are currently at the scene.
“Sadly, the pedestrian suffered fatal injuries and has died at the scene,” said a police spokesman.
“The road is currently closed and is likely to remain closed for some time.
“Motorists are asked to avoid the area or expect delays.”
You may also want to watch:
An East of England ambulance spokesman said: “We received a call today at 10.24am to reports of a serious RTC involving a pedestrian on Wisteria Road, Wisbech. We dispatched an ambulance crew two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance officer, and Magpas air ambulance to assist.
“Medics were on scene within two minutes of the call to treat the pedestrian but sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, they were pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with the friends and family involved at this time.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
Anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the collision should call the Road Policing Unit on 101.