Pedestrian dies after collision involving car in Wistaria Road, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died this morning after a collision involving a car in Wisbech.
Police were called at about 10.20am today (March 21) to Wistaria Road and emergency services are currently at the scene.
“Sadly, the pedestrian suffered fatal injuries and has died at the scene,” said a police spokesman.
“The road is currently closed and is likely to remain closed for some time.
“Motorists are asked to avoid the area or expect delays.”
You may also want to watch:
An East of England ambulance spokesman said: “We received a call today at 10.24am to reports of a serious RTC involving a pedestrian on Wisteria Road, Wisbech. We dispatched an ambulance crew two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance officer, and Magpas air ambulance to assist.
“Medics were on scene within two minutes of the call to treat the pedestrian but sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, they were pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with the friends and family involved at this time.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 10 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
Anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the collision should call the Road Policing Unit on 101.