Pedestrian dies after collision involving car in Wistaria Road, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian has died this morning after a collision involving a car in Wisbech.
Police were called at about 10.20am today (March 21) to Wistaria Road and emergency services are currently at the scene.
“Sadly, the pedestrian suffered fatal injuries and has died at the scene,” said a police spokesman.
“The road is currently closed and is likely to remain closed for some time.
“Motorists are asked to avoid the area or expect delays.”
You may also want to watch:
An East of England ambulance spokesman said: “We received a call today at 10.24am to reports of a serious RTC involving a pedestrian on Wisteria Road, Wisbech. We dispatched an ambulance crew two rapid response vehicles, an ambulance officer, and Magpas air ambulance to assist.
“Medics were on scene within two minutes of the call to treat the pedestrian but sadly, despite the best efforts of everyone involved, they were pronounced dead at the scene. Our thoughts are with the friends and family involved at this time.”
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
Anyone who was in the area at the time and witnessed the collision should call the Road Policing Unit on 101.