Peckover Primary School principal pays tribute to Governor Peter Waterfield
- Credit: Archant
Peckover Primary School’s principal Carrie Norman pays tribute to one of its governors, Peter Waterfield, who died on April 3.
Peter Waterfield was more than a governor to Peckover School; he was a friend to everyone at Peckover.
Peter cared deeply about the pupils and staff who made up the team.
Peter always championed the school and gave generously, supporting our performing arts and music, buying equipment and instruments so all pupils could take part and learn new musical skills.
For him, nothing was too much trouble and every barrier had to be overcome; if it would help the children, then he just made it happen.
You may also want to watch:
Peter was a friend who made us laugh at Governor meetings; and joined in with all aspects of school life with a sense of fun and humour.
Peter will be sadly missed, but we will ensure his legacy of music and performing will continue and we will always fondly remember him.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election