Peckover Primary principal is made local leader of education
- Credit: Archant
Peckover Primary School’s principal for the last six years has been designated as a local leader of education.
The role will allow Carrie Norman to share her expertise to those new to the responsibility of being a head teacher.
She said: “I am looking forward to offering coaching and support to colleagues within and beyond the Brooke Weston Trust.
“I am also looking forward to learning things from the schools I am assigned to, as well as offering support and mentoring.”
She added: “It is mainly offering support to people who are new to headship. It is an exciting prospect.
You may also want to watch:
“I have implemented things that are working well in challenging areas so the experience I have gained could benefit other places.
“When I was first in headship I had a mentor and it was fantastic because I had a really honest relationship with them and could phone for advice.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
“I have seen the benefit of this sort of coaching at first hand. I am really looking forward to getting started.”