Peckover Primary principal is made local leader of education
- Credit: Archant
Peckover Primary School’s principal for the last six years has been designated as a local leader of education.
The role will allow Carrie Norman to share her expertise to those new to the responsibility of being a head teacher.
She said: “I am looking forward to offering coaching and support to colleagues within and beyond the Brooke Weston Trust.
“I am also looking forward to learning things from the schools I am assigned to, as well as offering support and mentoring.”
She added: “It is mainly offering support to people who are new to headship. It is an exciting prospect.
“I have implemented things that are working well in challenging areas so the experience I have gained could benefit other places.
“When I was first in headship I had a mentor and it was fantastic because I had a really honest relationship with them and could phone for advice.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 9 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 10 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
“I have seen the benefit of this sort of coaching at first hand. I am really looking forward to getting started.”