Peckover Primary principal is made local leader of education
- Credit: Archant
Peckover Primary School’s principal for the last six years has been designated as a local leader of education.
The role will allow Carrie Norman to share her expertise to those new to the responsibility of being a head teacher.
She said: “I am looking forward to offering coaching and support to colleagues within and beyond the Brooke Weston Trust.
“I am also looking forward to learning things from the schools I am assigned to, as well as offering support and mentoring.”
She added: “It is mainly offering support to people who are new to headship. It is an exciting prospect.
You may also want to watch:
“I have implemented things that are working well in challenging areas so the experience I have gained could benefit other places.
“When I was first in headship I had a mentor and it was fantastic because I had a really honest relationship with them and could phone for advice.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
“I have seen the benefit of this sort of coaching at first hand. I am really looking forward to getting started.”