Festive foliage training comes to Peckover House at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Anyone feeling creative as Christmas draws closer will be able to hone their festive flair soon at a National Trust workshop coming to Wisbech.
Ann Purt, who is well known locally for her artistic talents with flowers, will be holding a festive foliage workshop at Peckover House on Saturday December 2 from 10am to 3pm.
She will be demonstrating a variety of Christmas floral arrangements before inviting attendees to create their own masterpieces using materials supplied on the day.
Suitably inspired, what better way to complete the day than a stroll through Peckover’s winter garden, said Diane Smith of Peckover.
A spokesman for Peckover House said: “It is often surprising to many visitors that autumn can be such a colourful season.
You may also want to watch:
“You don’t have to rely on the autumn leaves to give interest at this time of year: many plants have fruit, seed heads or flowers which are at their peak now.
“Our plant sales area is still well stocked with plants grown just from the garden at Peckover.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
“Why not pay us a visit and see if we can inspire you to grow something new in your garden especially for this special time of year.”
Tickets to the festive foliage event, which include refreshments, a light seasonal lunch and all materials, cost £45.
For full details and to book a place please phone 01945 583463.