Wisbech’s secret gem Peckover House is in need of volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Volunteering taster sessions will be on offer at the National Trust’s Peckover House and Garden this October.
Visitors can spend a couple of hours with an experienced volunteer in the house to sample life as a room steward, learn a little about the property and meet a few new people.
There will also be information about volunteering in other areas at Peckover.
“We would love to see some new volunteers coming along to sample room stewarding,” said business support coordinator Paula Arnold.
“They don’t need to be history buffs, just people who care about our heritage and enjoy meeting others. Our experienced volunteers are always keen to pass on their knowledge and enthusiasm and are a friendly lot.
You may also want to watch:
“Often, people who join our team stay for many years and become part of what feels like a big family. It’s a family which always welcomes new members.”
Staff and volunteers meet socially most months and visit other National Trust places. It really is a very good way of meeting new people.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
To find out more and to participate in a taster session, anyone interested is invited to contact Paula on 01945 583463 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org