Peckover House is more than just a pretty face, thanks to National Trust award
- Credit: Archant
Gardeners at Peckover House have become award-winners for their work in controlling pests.
In recognition of the high standard of their pest control work, the garden team at Peckover has been awarded the National Trust Bronze Award for Plant Health.
“We are really delighted to have won the award,” said gardener in charge Allison Napier.
“Peckover is the only National Trust garden in the East of England to be awarded this.
“Many criteria had to be met to attain the award but it is well worth all the effort to ensure our garden remains healthy and glorious for years to come.
You may also want to watch:
“Unfortunately, whenever new plants are brought into the garden there is the risk that plant diseases and pests could come in with them; some would cause widespread problems that are very hard to control.
“To prevent this, we have set in place a strict regime to monitor the health of our new plants which includes keeping them in a separate quarantine area for at least six weeks before being planted out.”
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 3 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 4 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 5 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
Peckover Garden is open from Saturday to Wednesday weekly until the end of October, from 11am to last admission 4pm.
For more information call 01945 583463.