Shoppers take up the mannequin challenge in Wisbech store
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers had a chance to try life as a mannequin when a Wisbech store held a modelling challenge.
Peacocks in the Horsefair Shopping Centre let customers dress up in outfits of their choice to pose in the window for passers by.
Glenn Hyam, manager, said: “One of our stores in Scotland held a similar event and it went really well so we thought we would give it a go.
“We had a man in a Santa suit, some young girls, children with parents.
“It was a bit of a last minute festive thing, so we hope to hold it again next year with more notice, so that more people can come along and have fun with it.”
You may also want to watch:
The idea is growing. A Peacocks store on Penllyn Road in Caernarfon, Wales, is advertising for volunteers to get involved with their live mannequin event for this weekend’s last few shopping days before Christmas.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Hammers and knives, drug driving and Covid-19 breaches lead to arrests
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47