Wisbech Town chairman calls for more volunteers in New Year appeal
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town are looking to start afresh after launching a New Year appeal for more club volunteers.
The Fenmen seek to follow other step four sides in encouraging more of the local community to get involved with the club, such as helping in the kitchen on match days.
Paul Brenchley, chairman of Wisbech Town, posted on a Facebook discussion forum: "We go to a few grounds in the league and it is quite apparent that the vast majority rely heavily on volunteers.
"This is something we are trying to encourage, so if you know anybody who is willing to give a couple of hours on match days in the kitchen or bar work, please message me."
Work on the clubhouse is underway with plans to improve the outside kitchen, as well as financial support on the pitch also in the pipeline.
You may also want to watch:
Brenchley added: "It will not happen overnight, but we will get there."
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid