Wisbech Town chairman calls for more volunteers in New Year appeal
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town are looking to start afresh after launching a New Year appeal for more club volunteers.
The Fenmen seek to follow other step four sides in encouraging more of the local community to get involved with the club, such as helping in the kitchen on match days.
Paul Brenchley, chairman of Wisbech Town, posted on a Facebook discussion forum: "We go to a few grounds in the league and it is quite apparent that the vast majority rely heavily on volunteers.
"This is something we are trying to encourage, so if you know anybody who is willing to give a couple of hours on match days in the kitchen or bar work, please message me."
Work on the clubhouse is underway with plans to improve the outside kitchen, as well as financial support on the pitch also in the pipeline.
You may also want to watch:
Brenchley added: "It will not happen overnight, but we will get there."
- 1 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 2 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 3 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
- 4 Baby abuse among paedophile’s 290,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 6 Drug dealer who led class A drugs line caught in police sting
- 7 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 8 Men caught with cannabis at village park
- 9 Community orchard to launch next month
- 10 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub