Wisbech Town chairman calls for more volunteers in New Year appeal
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town are looking to start afresh after launching a New Year appeal for more club volunteers.
The Fenmen seek to follow other step four sides in encouraging more of the local community to get involved with the club, such as helping in the kitchen on match days.
Paul Brenchley, chairman of Wisbech Town, posted on a Facebook discussion forum: "We go to a few grounds in the league and it is quite apparent that the vast majority rely heavily on volunteers.
"This is something we are trying to encourage, so if you know anybody who is willing to give a couple of hours on match days in the kitchen or bar work, please message me."
Work on the clubhouse is underway with plans to improve the outside kitchen, as well as financial support on the pitch also in the pipeline.
You may also want to watch:
Brenchley added: "It will not happen overnight, but we will get there."
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown