Passenger killed and 11-year-old girl seriously injured in A47 smash
A PASSENGER died and an 11-year-old girl was seriously injured in a road crash.
Ali Raya Haideri, 19, of Pendleton, Peterborough, was in the back seat of the red Rover 25 when it was involved in the smash on the A47 at Thorney, just west of the junction with the B1167.
The 11-year-old girl was taken Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge in a critical condition after the accident at 12.40am on Saturday (July 17).
Two Peterborough men, aged 19 and 21, who suffered minor injuries in the crash, have been arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving. They were bailed to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough on October 11.
A 19-year-old woman from Peterborough also escaped with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police have appealed for witnesses to the accident and say they are keen to hear from anyone who was on board a coach which might have been travelling to Peterborough. It is thought the coach was green and white.
Anyone with information should cal Pc Francis Crawford on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began