Passenger killed and 11-year-old girl seriously injured in A47 smash
A PASSENGER died and an 11-year-old girl was seriously injured in a road crash.
Ali Raya Haideri, 19, of Pendleton, Peterborough, was in the back seat of the red Rover 25 when it was involved in the smash on the A47 at Thorney, just west of the junction with the B1167.
The 11-year-old girl was taken Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge in a critical condition after the accident at 12.40am on Saturday (July 17).
Two Peterborough men, aged 19 and 21, who suffered minor injuries in the crash, have been arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving. They were bailed to return to Thorpe Wood Police Station in Peterborough on October 11.
A 19-year-old woman from Peterborough also escaped with minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police have appealed for witnesses to the accident and say they are keen to hear from anyone who was on board a coach which might have been travelling to Peterborough. It is thought the coach was green and white.
Anyone with information should cal Pc Francis Crawford on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller