Party boat sets sail for students
A YOUNG Wisbech entreprenur is offering tickets for the first ever student-only cruise. Bath University graduates Ian Bishop and his business partner David Blyth, both 23, have chartered two cruise ships for up to 3,000 students, with prices ranging from
A YOUNG Wisbech entreprenur is offering tickets for the first ever student-only cruise.
Bath University graduates Ian Bishop and his business partner David Blyth, both 23, have chartered two cruise ships for up to 3,000 students, with prices ranging from £70 to £95 per person.
They are promising a hedonistic mix of parties, casinos, shopping and speed-dating during the overnight excursions.
The inaugural voyages will set sail to St Malo, France, and Newcastle to Amsterdam, in October.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers hope to turn the cruise ships into a "student heaven" with clubbing zones, DJs, stand-up comedy acts and cinemas. The on-board bars will also be open for 24 hours or "until the alcohol runs out".
Partying students will get six hours to enjoy the sights of Amsterdam before beginning the return leg of the journey home. And the residents of St Malo can rest easy knowing the British beer monsters will only be in port for a couple of hours.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
Mr Bishop said students would be able to make as much noise as possible without upsetting the neighbours.
The first cruise is from Portsmouth to St Malo, on October 15-16. The Newcastle-Amsterdam cruise is from October 29-31.