Party boat sets sail for students
A YOUNG Wisbech entreprenur is offering tickets for the first ever student-only cruise. Bath University graduates Ian Bishop and his business partner David Blyth, both 23, have chartered two cruise ships for up to 3,000 students, with prices ranging from
A YOUNG Wisbech entreprenur is offering tickets for the first ever student-only cruise.
Bath University graduates Ian Bishop and his business partner David Blyth, both 23, have chartered two cruise ships for up to 3,000 students, with prices ranging from £70 to £95 per person.
They are promising a hedonistic mix of parties, casinos, shopping and speed-dating during the overnight excursions.
The inaugural voyages will set sail to St Malo, France, and Newcastle to Amsterdam, in October.
The organisers hope to turn the cruise ships into a "student heaven" with clubbing zones, DJs, stand-up comedy acts and cinemas. The on-board bars will also be open for 24 hours or "until the alcohol runs out".
Partying students will get six hours to enjoy the sights of Amsterdam before beginning the return leg of the journey home. And the residents of St Malo can rest easy knowing the British beer monsters will only be in port for a couple of hours.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
Mr Bishop said students would be able to make as much noise as possible without upsetting the neighbours.
The first cruise is from Portsmouth to St Malo, on October 15-16. The Newcastle-Amsterdam cruise is from October 29-31.