Party boat sets sail for students
A YOUNG Wisbech entreprenur is offering tickets for the first ever student-only cruise. Bath University graduates Ian Bishop and his business partner David Blyth, both 23, have chartered two cruise ships for up to 3,000 students, with prices ranging from
A YOUNG Wisbech entreprenur is offering tickets for the first ever student-only cruise.
Bath University graduates Ian Bishop and his business partner David Blyth, both 23, have chartered two cruise ships for up to 3,000 students, with prices ranging from £70 to £95 per person.
They are promising a hedonistic mix of parties, casinos, shopping and speed-dating during the overnight excursions.
The inaugural voyages will set sail to St Malo, France, and Newcastle to Amsterdam, in October.
The organisers hope to turn the cruise ships into a "student heaven" with clubbing zones, DJs, stand-up comedy acts and cinemas. The on-board bars will also be open for 24 hours or "until the alcohol runs out".
Partying students will get six hours to enjoy the sights of Amsterdam before beginning the return leg of the journey home. And the residents of St Malo can rest easy knowing the British beer monsters will only be in port for a couple of hours.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
Mr Bishop said students would be able to make as much noise as possible without upsetting the neighbours.
The first cruise is from Portsmouth to St Malo, on October 15-16. The Newcastle-Amsterdam cruise is from October 29-31.