Partner remanded after attack on woman in ladies toilet of Wisbech public house
A WOMAN S head was slammed against a wall at the Horsefair Tavern in Wisbech when her partner followed her into the ladies toilets. Nick Clifton grabbed Melanie Knight round the throat, and poked her in the eye as he said: That will teach you for spendin
A WOMAN'S head was slammed against a wall at the Horsefair Tavern in Wisbech when her partner followed her into the ladies toilets.
Nick Clifton grabbed Melanie Knight round the throat, and poked her in the eye as he said: "That will teach you for spending money on contact lenses."
Ms Knight later received a call from Clifton, saying "I am going to do you over," Fenland magistrates were told.
Clifton, 34, of Leverington Road, Wisbech, admitted assaulting Ms Knight on December 10.
You may also want to watch:
He also admitted using threatening behaviour against his ex-partner on December 3, and damaging a window at her home in Elm on September 20.
"These are three separate incidents of domestic violence," solicitor John Clarke told the court.
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project
- 10 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
He said Clifton was jealous that his partner looked after their daughter, and had tried to get into her house on the day he damaged the window.
On December 3 the couple had gone out for dinner, breaking the conditions of Clifton's bail, and during a row he threw her telephone out of a window.
During the incident at the Horsefair Tavern, Clifton accepts he "punched her and poked her eye," he said.
Clifton was remanded in custody for three weeks while the probation service prepares a report.