Parson Drove set to become Fenland's first 'green community'
PARSON Drove is set to become the first green community in Fenland. It has put in a bid to the Energy Saving Trust to become the first group in the district to join the trust s Green Communities programme, a national scheme aimed at supporting and prom
PARSON Drove is set to become the first "green community" in Fenland.
It has put in a bid to the Energy Saving Trust to become the first group in the district to join the trust's Green Communities programme, a national scheme aimed at supporting and promoting community-based energy projects.
And 14 members of the local Street Pride group and the parish council have since met to draw up an action plan for improving the environment in the village.
Ideas that emerged included a garden-sharing scheme enabling people without gardens to use those of people who have them but don't use them. They also discussed a water-saving campaign, including distributing water-saving devices to local residents, appointing community energy champions and adopting an existing green space to protect and enhance nature and wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
The next steps will be to decide how best to put these ideas into practice. All villagers are being invited to contribute their own suggestions.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks