Parson Drove residents to have more say on developments after neighbourhood area application success
- Credit: Archant
Parson Drove residents are set to have a greater say on developments that take place in their community.
Parson Drove Parish Council’s application to become a neighbourhood area was approved by Fenland District’s planning committee on January 14.
The decision means the parish council can now go ahead with preparing a neighbourhood development plan or neighbourhood development order or both - a power introduced under the Localism Act 2011.
A neighbourhood plan can establish general planning policies for the development and use of land in a neighbourhood, including where extra new homes and offices should be built and what they should look like.
Residents of Parson Drove will be fully involved in the preparation of the neighbourhood plan and, ultimately, will have the right to vote for or against it at a referendum. No plan can be adopted unless it passes a referendum.
You may also want to watch:
If a neighbourhood plan is adopted, it would be considered alongside Fenland District Council’s Local Plan as well as national planning policy when the district council is deciding planning applications within the Parson Drove Neighbourhood Area.
Full details of the designation and a map showing the boundary of the designated area are available at www.fenland.gov.uk/designations. They can also be viewed at Fenland Hall business reception, the Fenland @ your service shop in Wisbech and on notice boards within Parson Drove.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
If you have any questions about the designation, email FDC’s Neighbourhood Strategy team at email@example.com or call them on 01354 654321.