PARSON DROVE: Hundreds visit flower festival
A QUILT and flower festival attracted hundreds of visitors to a Fenland village and brought two local churches together. Visitors from a wide area went along to the event which was held in Emmanuel and St Mark s Churches in Parson Drove. The Victorian bui
A QUILT and flower festival attracted hundreds of visitors to a Fenland village and brought two local churches together.
Visitors from a wide area went along to the event which was held in Emmanuel and St Mark's Churches in Parson Drove.
The Victorian built Emmanuel Church proved the perfect backdrop for the quilts and flowers while refreshments were served in St Mark's Church where there were more floral arrangements.
Festival co-ordinator Mike Brown said the event had been a memorable success for both churches and the community. More than 100 quilted items were on display exhibiting a number of different techniques and skills.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Brown, whose wife Barbara, was quilt co-ordinator and had a number of items on display, said it was a chance for a lot of talented quilter to show off their designs and skills.
The festival raised around £1,000 for the fabric and maintenance funds of both the churches.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
Mr Brown said it was hoped a similar event will be held every two years. In the year the event is not held the Freedom Quilters from Wisbech will hold a quilt exhibition.