Parson Drove fundraisers donate cheque for £2,925 to Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Parson Drove fundraisers Casey Bates, Isabelle Johnson and Pam Judge donated a cheque for £2,925 to Macmillan Cancer Support.
The money was raised from a bike show in the village as well as a bingo night and coffee morning.
Isabelle Johnson said: "In July at the Parson Drove Bike show £790.36 was raised from refreshments in the village hall. We were also given a cheque for £50 from the sale of a car.
"A bingo in the village hall in September raised £1,004.80 and although this was a planned event, it was held in memory of Jonathan Summers.
"He had died earlier in the year due to a rare heart disease but liked to support Macmillan through the football club he belonged to.
You may also want to watch:
"Then our Macmillan Coffee Morning at the end of September, which was held at Emmanuel Church, raised £1,080.40 with the help from Pam Judge who organised the magnificent draw prizes and the sale of the tickets.
"Thank you to everyone for the help and support that was given, because with it this money couldn't be raised."
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 5 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 8 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active