Parson Drove fundraisers donate cheque for £2,925 to Macmillan Cancer Support
- Credit: Archant
Parson Drove fundraisers Casey Bates, Isabelle Johnson and Pam Judge donated a cheque for £2,925 to Macmillan Cancer Support.
The money was raised from a bike show in the village as well as a bingo night and coffee morning.
Isabelle Johnson said: "In July at the Parson Drove Bike show £790.36 was raised from refreshments in the village hall. We were also given a cheque for £50 from the sale of a car.
"A bingo in the village hall in September raised £1,004.80 and although this was a planned event, it was held in memory of Jonathan Summers.
"He had died earlier in the year due to a rare heart disease but liked to support Macmillan through the football club he belonged to.
You may also want to watch:
"Then our Macmillan Coffee Morning at the end of September, which was held at Emmanuel Church, raised £1,080.40 with the help from Pam Judge who organised the magnificent draw prizes and the sale of the tickets.
"Thank you to everyone for the help and support that was given, because with it this money couldn't be raised."
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph