Firefighters battle vegetation blaze in Parson Drove near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to Parson Drove yesterday after a fire involving vegetation quickly spread to nearby standing crop.
Firefighters were called to Main Road on Wednesday, July 25 to tackle the rapidly spreading fire.
A spokesman said: “One crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to a fire on Main Road in Parson Drove.
“They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 4pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
It’s been a busy week for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, battling fires across our region from arson attacks to accidental crop fires.
Fire crews are warning people to be extra careful in the hot weather to prevent fires at home or in the open after battling four fires, two of which were arson and two accidental.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
“Our crews attended a number of outdoor fires over the last few days. Fires can start and spread quickly in this hot, dry weather.”