Firefighters battle vegetation blaze in Parson Drove near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to Parson Drove yesterday after a fire involving vegetation quickly spread to nearby standing crop.
Firefighters were called to Main Road on Wednesday, July 25 to tackle the rapidly spreading fire.
A spokesman said: “One crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to a fire on Main Road in Parson Drove.
“They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 4pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
It’s been a busy week for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, battling fires across our region from arson attacks to accidental crop fires.
Fire crews are warning people to be extra careful in the hot weather to prevent fires at home or in the open after battling four fires, two of which were arson and two accidental.
- 1 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
“Our crews attended a number of outdoor fires over the last few days. Fires can start and spread quickly in this hot, dry weather.”