Firefighters battle vegetation blaze in Parson Drove near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to Parson Drove yesterday after a fire involving vegetation quickly spread to nearby standing crop.
Firefighters were called to Main Road on Wednesday, July 25 to tackle the rapidly spreading fire.
A spokesman said: “One crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to a fire on Main Road in Parson Drove.
“They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 4pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
It’s been a busy week for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, battling fires across our region from arson attacks to accidental crop fires.
Fire crews are warning people to be extra careful in the hot weather to prevent fires at home or in the open after battling four fires, two of which were arson and two accidental.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
“Our crews attended a number of outdoor fires over the last few days. Fires can start and spread quickly in this hot, dry weather.”