Firefighters battle vegetation blaze in Parson Drove near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to Parson Drove yesterday after a fire involving vegetation quickly spread to nearby standing crop.
Firefighters were called to Main Road on Wednesday, July 25 to tackle the rapidly spreading fire.
A spokesman said: “One crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to a fire on Main Road in Parson Drove.
“They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 4pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
It’s been a busy week for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, battling fires across our region from arson attacks to accidental crop fires.
Fire crews are warning people to be extra careful in the hot weather to prevent fires at home or in the open after battling four fires, two of which were arson and two accidental.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 10 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
“Our crews attended a number of outdoor fires over the last few days. Fires can start and spread quickly in this hot, dry weather.”