Firefighters battle vegetation blaze in Parson Drove near Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called to Parson Drove yesterday after a fire involving vegetation quickly spread to nearby standing crop.
Firefighters were called to Main Road on Wednesday, July 25 to tackle the rapidly spreading fire.
A spokesman said: “One crew from Wisbech and one crew from March were called to a fire on Main Road in Parson Drove.
“They extinguished the fire using a hose reel and returned to their stations by 4pm.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
You may also want to watch:
It’s been a busy week for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, battling fires across our region from arson attacks to accidental crop fires.
Fire crews are warning people to be extra careful in the hot weather to prevent fires at home or in the open after battling four fires, two of which were arson and two accidental.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
“Our crews attended a number of outdoor fires over the last few days. Fires can start and spread quickly in this hot, dry weather.”