More than 350 parking tickets issued in Wisbech in five months
- Credit: Facebook / Cambs Cops
More than 350 parking tickets have been issued in Wisbech town centre since August last year – with 41 handed out in one day.
Special officers from Cambridgeshire Police slapped motorists with 41 £30 fines yesterday (January 15) in Market Place and surrounding roads.
A post of Policing Fenland said: "A thank you to most people who accepted that they had done wrong today, and for those who have argued. Say no more."
The post also included key points on parking in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
1. We have four carparks that are free and to be told that they are all full and no spaces in any and that the police should make more areas to park.
2. Once you enter from Hill Street or St Peter's Church road end, you pass the metal arches and it becomes a controlled zone. This means that unless you are disabled, loading or unloading you cannot park anywhere around the market place or side roads. This has been in force since 2015.
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
3. No there are no yellows lines. There hasn't got to be as it is a controlled zone.
So please, the public of Fenland please beware that if you park where mentioned, you will receive a ticket for 30 pounds. Please walk, it's cheaper.