More than 350 parking tickets issued in Wisbech in five months
- Credit: Facebook / Cambs Cops
More than 350 parking tickets have been issued in Wisbech town centre since August last year – with 41 handed out in one day.
Special officers from Cambridgeshire Police slapped motorists with 41 £30 fines yesterday (January 15) in Market Place and surrounding roads.
A post of Policing Fenland said: "A thank you to most people who accepted that they had done wrong today, and for those who have argued. Say no more."
The post also included key points on parking in Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
1. We have four carparks that are free and to be told that they are all full and no spaces in any and that the police should make more areas to park.
2. Once you enter from Hill Street or St Peter's Church road end, you pass the metal arches and it becomes a controlled zone. This means that unless you are disabled, loading or unloading you cannot park anywhere around the market place or side roads. This has been in force since 2015.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
3. No there are no yellows lines. There hasn't got to be as it is a controlled zone.
So please, the public of Fenland please beware that if you park where mentioned, you will receive a ticket for 30 pounds. Please walk, it's cheaper.