‘Local issues’: Police handout 14 parking tickets in just one morning as drivers fail to spot four-year-old ‘controlled zone’ signs in Wisbech
- Credit: Facebook / Cambs Cops
Police in the Fens have been forced to handout 14 parking tickets in just one morning alone as drivers fail to spot four-year-old warning signs.
Illegally parked motorists in Wisbech town centre apparently missed the large 'controlled zone' signs that were installed in February 2015.
Cambridgeshire Police posted pictures of the signs on social media this afternoon (September 2) after issuing more than a dozen fixed penalty notices.
A spokesman said: "Wisbech town centre has a 'Controlled Zone' which has been in place since February 2015.
"There are signs on each entrance - Hill Street, Church Terrace and Castle Mews - which indicate to drivers that they are entering a controlled zone.
"Parking is in marked bays only along the roadways in this area. These bays are clearly marked as 'loading and disabled only'.
"Yet this morning alone, 14 fixed penalty notices were issued to illegally parked vehicles."
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
What do you think? Are the town centre signs clear enough for drivers? What needs to be done? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org