‘Local issues’: Police handout 14 parking tickets in just one morning as drivers fail to spot four-year-old ‘controlled zone’ signs in Wisbech
- Credit: Facebook / Cambs Cops
Police in the Fens have been forced to handout 14 parking tickets in just one morning alone as drivers fail to spot four-year-old warning signs.
Illegally parked motorists in Wisbech town centre apparently missed the large 'controlled zone' signs that were installed in February 2015.
Cambridgeshire Police posted pictures of the signs on social media this afternoon (September 2) after issuing more than a dozen fixed penalty notices.
A spokesman said: "Wisbech town centre has a 'Controlled Zone' which has been in place since February 2015.
"There are signs on each entrance - Hill Street, Church Terrace and Castle Mews - which indicate to drivers that they are entering a controlled zone.
You may also want to watch:
"Parking is in marked bays only along the roadways in this area. These bays are clearly marked as 'loading and disabled only'.
"Yet this morning alone, 14 fixed penalty notices were issued to illegally parked vehicles."
- 1 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
What do you think? Are the town centre signs clear enough for drivers? What needs to be done? Email: email@example.com