Parents in Wisbech complete courses to improve skills
- Credit: Archant
Parents from St Peter’s C of E Junior school in Wisbech are breaking barriers by completing courses in ICT, English and NVQ level 2 in volunteering.
Lisa Hewitt and Kat Doyle are an inspiration to others and proof that it is possible to improve your skills to increase your potential for employment.
Both Lisa and Kat are involved with the Friends of St Peter's Committee (FSPC) who is helping to create big improvements for the children in the school.
They volunteer their time by reading with children, organising fundraising events and inspiring others to do more in their community.
Lisa Hewitt said: "It was a great opportunity to learn more and gain a qualification in our volunteering roles."
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Skills is working in partnership with schools across Wisbech to help provide free courses to help people improve their skills and fulfil their potential.
For more information contact email@example.com call 01353 613013 or view www.cambsals.co.uk
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide