Parents in Wisbech complete courses to improve skills
- Credit: Archant
Parents from St Peter’s C of E Junior school in Wisbech are breaking barriers by completing courses in ICT, English and NVQ level 2 in volunteering.
Lisa Hewitt and Kat Doyle are an inspiration to others and proof that it is possible to improve your skills to increase your potential for employment.
Both Lisa and Kat are involved with the Friends of St Peter's Committee (FSPC) who is helping to create big improvements for the children in the school.
They volunteer their time by reading with children, organising fundraising events and inspiring others to do more in their community.
Lisa Hewitt said: "It was a great opportunity to learn more and gain a qualification in our volunteering roles."
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Skills is working in partnership with schools across Wisbech to help provide free courses to help people improve their skills and fulfil their potential.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org call 01353 613013 or view www.cambsals.co.uk
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 10 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead