Parents in Wisbech complete courses to improve skills
- Credit: Archant
Parents from St Peter’s C of E Junior school in Wisbech are breaking barriers by completing courses in ICT, English and NVQ level 2 in volunteering.
Lisa Hewitt and Kat Doyle are an inspiration to others and proof that it is possible to improve your skills to increase your potential for employment.
Both Lisa and Kat are involved with the Friends of St Peter's Committee (FSPC) who is helping to create big improvements for the children in the school.
They volunteer their time by reading with children, organising fundraising events and inspiring others to do more in their community.
Lisa Hewitt said: "It was a great opportunity to learn more and gain a qualification in our volunteering roles."
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire Skills is working in partnership with schools across Wisbech to help provide free courses to help people improve their skills and fulfil their potential.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org call 01353 613013 or view www.cambsals.co.uk
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police