Cycling duo raise hundreds for Wisbech children after indoor turbo session
- Credit: Archant
A cycling duo from Fenland have raised £860 to support less fortunate children this Christmas.
PE teacher Mark Norris and student Brandon Edwards, who is partially blind, cycled 250 miles for 12 hours split between St Peter's School and Orchards Academy in Wisbech.
Before this challenge, Mark had ridden 5,000 miles this year and Brandon regained self-confidence after suffering an injury that affected his sight. The duo are now aiming to break further ground in the new year.
"This was possibly the hardest thing we both have had to do," Mark said.
"We don't know of anyone riding the distance we have done on the indoor trainers. Next year, we said we will go further and possibly get the Guinness book of records involved."
You may also want to watch:
To donate, visit www.gofundme.com/f/pedalling-4-gifts-4-children-at-christmas.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 9 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 10 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants