Owen’s selfie the winner as Wisbech Cub Scouts let their creativity run wild in photography competition
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from the 12th Wisbech Cub Scouts have been getting passionate about photography as they work towards their badges.
They put their skills to the test in a photography competition, which was judged by Wisbech Standard photographer Steve Williams.
The winner was nine year-old Owen Yeowell, who impressed Steve with his selfie. His prize was a camera.
Mr Williams said: “I picked the picture because they are having fun and with the woodland at the back it shows the real feel of scouting.”
Assistant leader Monique Yeowell, Owen’s mother, said: “He’s a little bit shy but he was so pleased to win. He loves taking pictures, particularly in the water.
You may also want to watch:
“He has asked for a memory card so he can take pictures of his hamsters. They push each other off the wheel. He finds it hilarious.”
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 10 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres