Owen’s selfie the winner as Wisbech Cub Scouts let their creativity run wild in photography competition
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters from the 12th Wisbech Cub Scouts have been getting passionate about photography as they work towards their badges.
They put their skills to the test in a photography competition, which was judged by Wisbech Standard photographer Steve Williams.
The winner was nine year-old Owen Yeowell, who impressed Steve with his selfie. His prize was a camera.
Mr Williams said: “I picked the picture because they are having fun and with the woodland at the back it shows the real feel of scouting.”
Assistant leader Monique Yeowell, Owen’s mother, said: “He’s a little bit shy but he was so pleased to win. He loves taking pictures, particularly in the water.
You may also want to watch:
“He has asked for a memory card so he can take pictures of his hamsters. They push each other off the wheel. He finds it hilarious.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 8 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash