OUTWELL:Visitors flock to village flower festival and discover someone's for the chop!
VISITORS to a flower festival at St Andrew s Methodist Church, Outwell, were invited to Come and Browse around the Library . More than 20 books were depicted in flowers including The Bible, A Tale of Two Cities, Thomas the Tank Engine, The Tale of Miss T
VISITORS to a flower festival at St Andrew's Methodist Church, Outwell, were invited to 'Come and Browse around the Library'.
More than 20 books were depicted in flowers including The Bible, A Tale of Two Cities, Thomas the Tank Engine, The Tale of Miss Tiggy Winkle, Jungle Book, the Very Hungry Caterpillar and Uncle Tom's Cabin.
There were lots of stalls including crafts, cakes and produce which helped boost the weekend total to more than £1,500 for church funds.
On Saturday many of the visitors stayed for lunch or afternoon tea with strawberries and cream. Some visitors returned on Sunday for the church services taken by the Rev Ann Bossingham.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday a large group of visitors from residential care homes visited the church for tea and to choose their favourite hymns.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election