OUTWELL:Visitors flock to village flower festival and discover someone's for the chop!
VISITORS to a flower festival at St Andrew s Methodist Church, Outwell, were invited to Come and Browse around the Library . More than 20 books were depicted in flowers including The Bible, A Tale of Two Cities, Thomas the Tank Engine, The Tale of Miss T
VISITORS to a flower festival at St Andrew's Methodist Church, Outwell, were invited to 'Come and Browse around the Library'.
More than 20 books were depicted in flowers including The Bible, A Tale of Two Cities, Thomas the Tank Engine, The Tale of Miss Tiggy Winkle, Jungle Book, the Very Hungry Caterpillar and Uncle Tom's Cabin.
There were lots of stalls including crafts, cakes and produce which helped boost the weekend total to more than £1,500 for church funds.
On Saturday many of the visitors stayed for lunch or afternoon tea with strawberries and cream. Some visitors returned on Sunday for the church services taken by the Rev Ann Bossingham.
You may also want to watch:
On Monday a large group of visitors from residential care homes visited the church for tea and to choose their favourite hymns.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter