OUTWELL: Dramatic picture of fire-fighters tackling car fire
THIS was the dramatic scene from Hall Road, Outwell, on Tuesday, when fire crews were called to extinguish a car fire. One fire crew from Wisbech attended the blaze, close to Hall Road s junction with the A1101, on Tuesday afternoon. A fire service spokes
THIS was the dramatic scene from Hall Road, Outwell, on Tuesday, when fire crews were called to extinguish a car fire.
One fire crew from Wisbech attended the blaze, close to Hall Road's junction with the A1101, on Tuesday afternoon.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "The caller was a female driver, who noticed smoke coming from her car as she slowed down for the junction."
Two fire-fighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze using one hose reel. The road was blocked while they tackled the flames.
You may also want to watch:
The spokeswoman added: "It is believed that the fire was caused by a fuel leak, which had squirted petrol onto the hot engine and ignited.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 10 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant