Man dies following crash at Outwell
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s has died after a collision in Outwell.
The crash happened at 5.40pm on Monday on Basin Road.
Police say it involved a silver Renault Kangoo, which was travelling from Outwell along Basin Road, and a grey Range Rover, which was travelling in the opposite direction.
The Renault left the road and collided with a wall. The driver of the car, a man aged in his 80s, who is believed to have suffered a medical episode, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he died yesterday.
The driver of the Range Rover was uninjured. The road was closed whilst emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened around 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone who saw the collision, or the manner of driving of the vehicles prior to the incident, should contact the Swaffham roads policing team on 101.
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find