Man dies following crash at Outwell
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s has died after a collision in Outwell.
The crash happened at 5.40pm on Monday on Basin Road.
Police say it involved a silver Renault Kangoo, which was travelling from Outwell along Basin Road, and a grey Range Rover, which was travelling in the opposite direction.
The Renault left the road and collided with a wall. The driver of the car, a man aged in his 80s, who is believed to have suffered a medical episode, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he died yesterday.
The driver of the Range Rover was uninjured. The road was closed whilst emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened around 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone who saw the collision, or the manner of driving of the vehicles prior to the incident, should contact the Swaffham roads policing team on 101.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager