Man dies following crash at Outwell
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 80s has died after a collision in Outwell.
The crash happened at 5.40pm on Monday on Basin Road.
Police say it involved a silver Renault Kangoo, which was travelling from Outwell along Basin Road, and a grey Range Rover, which was travelling in the opposite direction.
The Renault left the road and collided with a wall. The driver of the car, a man aged in his 80s, who is believed to have suffered a medical episode, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he died yesterday.
The driver of the Range Rover was uninjured. The road was closed whilst emergency services dealt with the incident and re-opened around 8.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone who saw the collision, or the manner of driving of the vehicles prior to the incident, should contact the Swaffham roads policing team on 101.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph