Outwell church’s Sandringham cycle ride raises £300
- Credit: Archant
FOURTEEN Outwell enthusiastic cyclists took part in a sponsored cycle ride around Sandringham at the weekend.
The cyclists efforts raised about £300, which will be shared by the Friends of St Clement’s church in the village and the Samaritans, who organised the ride.
Church members are raising funds for the conservation of the St Clement’s “demon” carvings in the roof of the medieval church.
Friends’ chairman Kate Jackson said: “To everyone’s surprise the sun shone brightly throughout the ride.
“But it’s not until you’re on a bike that you realise just how hilly it is around Sandringham.”
You may also want to watch:
A follow-up fundraising cycle ride from London to Paris is already being discussed.
For more information go to www.stclementsoutwell.org.uk
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 5 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 6 Frisson of excitement for Nissen as wartime hut sells for £169,000
- 7 Showcase status for Academy
- 8 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash