Outwell church’s Sandringham cycle ride raises £300
- Credit: Archant
FOURTEEN Outwell enthusiastic cyclists took part in a sponsored cycle ride around Sandringham at the weekend.
The cyclists efforts raised about £300, which will be shared by the Friends of St Clement’s church in the village and the Samaritans, who organised the ride.
Church members are raising funds for the conservation of the St Clement’s “demon” carvings in the roof of the medieval church.
Friends’ chairman Kate Jackson said: “To everyone’s surprise the sun shone brightly throughout the ride.
“But it’s not until you’re on a bike that you realise just how hilly it is around Sandringham.”
You may also want to watch:
A follow-up fundraising cycle ride from London to Paris is already being discussed.
For more information go to www.stclementsoutwell.org.uk
- 1 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 2 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 3 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 4 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Ever get that sinking feeling?