Outwell church’s Sandringham cycle ride raises £300
- Credit: Archant
FOURTEEN Outwell enthusiastic cyclists took part in a sponsored cycle ride around Sandringham at the weekend.
The cyclists efforts raised about £300, which will be shared by the Friends of St Clement’s church in the village and the Samaritans, who organised the ride.
Church members are raising funds for the conservation of the St Clement’s “demon” carvings in the roof of the medieval church.
Friends’ chairman Kate Jackson said: “To everyone’s surprise the sun shone brightly throughout the ride.
“But it’s not until you’re on a bike that you realise just how hilly it is around Sandringham.”
You may also want to watch:
A follow-up fundraising cycle ride from London to Paris is already being discussed.
For more information go to www.stclementsoutwell.org.uk
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 8 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 9 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart