OUTWELL: Church flower festival themed on Wisbech Nostalgia raises �1,800
WISBECH nostalgia was the theme for this year s Outwell Flower Festival, held at St. Andrew s Methodist Church. The theme certainly proved a success and the organisers managed to raise �1,800. Angela French, organiser of the event, suggested the theme. Fr
WISBECH nostalgia was the theme for this year's Outwell Flower Festival, held at St. Andrew's Methodist Church.
The theme certainly proved a success and the organisers managed to raise �1,800.
Angela French, organiser of the event, suggested the theme.
From cattle markets to toy shops, the idea was for residents of Wisbech to reminisce about the history of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Spicer, one of the church stewards, said: "The nostalgia theme really paid off. We had lots of visitors from the area and beyond."
Each display had its own unique twist, such as the Corn Exchange display decorated with roller skates and vinyl records.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
Refreshments, a raffle and craft stalls all proved very popular and helped the church reach its total.