OUTWELL: Church flower festival themed on Wisbech Nostalgia raises �1,800
WISBECH nostalgia was the theme for this year s Outwell Flower Festival, held at St. Andrew s Methodist Church. The theme certainly proved a success and the organisers managed to raise �1,800. Angela French, organiser of the event, suggested the theme. Fr
WISBECH nostalgia was the theme for this year's Outwell Flower Festival, held at St. Andrew's Methodist Church.
The theme certainly proved a success and the organisers managed to raise �1,800.
Angela French, organiser of the event, suggested the theme.
From cattle markets to toy shops, the idea was for residents of Wisbech to reminisce about the history of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Spicer, one of the church stewards, said: "The nostalgia theme really paid off. We had lots of visitors from the area and beyond."
Each display had its own unique twist, such as the Corn Exchange display decorated with roller skates and vinyl records.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Refreshments, a raffle and craft stalls all proved very popular and helped the church reach its total.