OUTWELL: Church flower festival themed on Wisbech Nostalgia raises �1,800
WISBECH nostalgia was the theme for this year s Outwell Flower Festival, held at St. Andrew s Methodist Church. The theme certainly proved a success and the organisers managed to raise �1,800. Angela French, organiser of the event, suggested the theme. Fr
WISBECH nostalgia was the theme for this year's Outwell Flower Festival, held at St. Andrew's Methodist Church.
The theme certainly proved a success and the organisers managed to raise �1,800.
Angela French, organiser of the event, suggested the theme.
From cattle markets to toy shops, the idea was for residents of Wisbech to reminisce about the history of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Spicer, one of the church stewards, said: "The nostalgia theme really paid off. We had lots of visitors from the area and beyond."
Each display had its own unique twist, such as the Corn Exchange display decorated with roller skates and vinyl records.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
Refreshments, a raffle and craft stalls all proved very popular and helped the church reach its total.