OUTWELL: Church flower festival themed on Wisbech Nostalgia raises �1,800
WISBECH nostalgia was the theme for this year s Outwell Flower Festival, held at St. Andrew s Methodist Church. The theme certainly proved a success and the organisers managed to raise �1,800. Angela French, organiser of the event, suggested the theme. Fr
WISBECH nostalgia was the theme for this year's Outwell Flower Festival, held at St. Andrew's Methodist Church.
The theme certainly proved a success and the organisers managed to raise �1,800.
Angela French, organiser of the event, suggested the theme.
From cattle markets to toy shops, the idea was for residents of Wisbech to reminisce about the history of the town.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Spicer, one of the church stewards, said: "The nostalgia theme really paid off. We had lots of visitors from the area and beyond."
Each display had its own unique twist, such as the Corn Exchange display decorated with roller skates and vinyl records.
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Citizens Advice Rural Cambs open doors to new office
Refreshments, a raffle and craft stalls all proved very popular and helped the church reach its total.