Outdoor fun at Secret Garden Touring Park in Wisbech is part of Fenland Bushcraft welcome day
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people took part in outdoor activities at The Secret Garden Touring Park in Wisbech as part of an event hosted by Fenland Bushcraft.
The group, which aims for people to rediscover the great outdoors, held one of its monthly ‘intro to bushcraft’ events on Saturday.
“It was a great workshop, thanks to all who came along,” said the group.
“It was super to make new friends and see old ones alike. We hope you all had a good time with us and we would love to see you all again soon.”
Fenland Bushcraft was set up by Andrew Callaghan to teach and undertake survival skills and bushcraft activities.
You may also want to watch:
Having been a boy scout before joining the army, Andrew is now registered with the Institute of Outdoor Learning. He is also part of the Bushcraft and Survival Skills Special Interest Group.
He has always had an interest in the outdoors and the skills associated with the ancestors, including the ability to adapt to difficult situations.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 5 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 6 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 7 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 10 Urgent repairs at Wisbech Museum due to start
Visit www.fenlandbushcraft.co.uk for more information.