Outdoor fun at Secret Garden Touring Park in Wisbech is part of Fenland Bushcraft welcome day
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of people took part in outdoor activities at The Secret Garden Touring Park in Wisbech as part of an event hosted by Fenland Bushcraft.
The group, which aims for people to rediscover the great outdoors, held one of its monthly ‘intro to bushcraft’ events on Saturday.
“It was a great workshop, thanks to all who came along,” said the group.
“It was super to make new friends and see old ones alike. We hope you all had a good time with us and we would love to see you all again soon.”
Fenland Bushcraft was set up by Andrew Callaghan to teach and undertake survival skills and bushcraft activities.
Having been a boy scout before joining the army, Andrew is now registered with the Institute of Outdoor Learning. He is also part of the Bushcraft and Survival Skills Special Interest Group.
He has always had an interest in the outdoors and the skills associated with the ancestors, including the ability to adapt to difficult situations.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 4 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 5 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 8 Councillors reject plan to convert hotel block into housing
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
Visit www.fenlandbushcraft.co.uk for more information.