Out of control bonfire in Wisbech prompts warning not to leave fires unattended
PUBLISHED: 15:12 01 October 2015 | UPDATED: 15:12 01 October 2015
Fire chiefs have issued a warning after an unattended bonfire became out of control in Wisbech last night.
At 7.35pm, a crew from Wisbech was called to the blaze in Redmoor Lane. A large bonfire had been left unattended. They returned to station by 8.25pm.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Bonfires can quickly become out of control and spread to houses, trees and fencing - especially when they’re left unattended.
“We would advise anyone to avoid having a bonfire and instead take material to a local waste and recycling site.
“If you do choose to have a bonfire, then ensure it is built well away from trees, foliage and other property. Pay attention to the weather, including wind direction, and never leave it unattended.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Wisbech Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.