Out of control bonfire in Wisbech prompts warning not to leave fires unattended
- Credit: Archant
Fire chiefs have issued a warning after an unattended bonfire became out of control in Wisbech last night.
At 7.35pm, a crew from Wisbech was called to the blaze in Redmoor Lane. A large bonfire had been left unattended. They returned to station by 8.25pm.
A Cambs Fire spokesman said: “Bonfires can quickly become out of control and spread to houses, trees and fencing - especially when they’re left unattended.
“We would advise anyone to avoid having a bonfire and instead take material to a local waste and recycling site.
“If you do choose to have a bonfire, then ensure it is built well away from trees, foliage and other property. Pay attention to the weather, including wind direction, and never leave it unattended.”