Our guide to the Christmas light switch on in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
If you’re planning on seeing the Christmas light switch on in Wisbech, here’s everything you’ll need to know.
The switch on will take place on Sunday November 26 in the market place. The event will begin at 3pm and finish at 6.
The big switch on will happen at 5pm, this year The Mayor of Wisbech will be the one responsible for lighting up the town.
This year will see a new, never seen before, giant inflatable snow globe for photo opportunities. Also fairground rides, hot food and drink and free mince pies will be there.
There will be a stage in the market place, compèred by KLFM 96.7 presenter, Simon Rowe that will be home to live music and entertainment from local acts.
You may also want to watch:
Rocket Queen – They will kick off the show with their live music and be the final act to close the night.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
Rock Choir – Delighting you with a selection of seasonal songs.
Rosmini Centre Dancers – Students will entertain you with their dance routines.
Angles Theatre Pantomime – They will be performing an age old favourite ‘Beauty and the Beast’.
LJ Academy of Dance – Performing numbers from the festive classic ‘A Christmas Carol’
9 Lives Theatre Company – They will entertain you with their performance of ‘Santa Claus is coming to town’.
Irish comedian Jimmy Cricket is bringing his Christmas variety show back to the Tower Ballroom in Wisbech on the same day. There are two showings, one at 2pm and another at 6.30pm.
Jimmy said: “I am so pleased to be back in Wisbech again for the third year of festive fun. It’s always exiting to be teaming up with some great local talent who are led by Michele Larkin of Nine Lives Theatre Company.”
There will also be a grand prize draw where £150 cash is up for grabs and an opportunity to meet Santa is being offered to everyone.
For more information visit the Wisbech Town Council Facebook page: www.facebook.com/WisbechTownCouncil/