Opera and musical theatre enthusiast Adam joins RATz Youth cast of Les Misérables school edition
- Credit: Archant
RATz Youth, the Angles Theatre’s in-house amateur company, will perform a school edition of Les Misérables from Friday 1 to Saturday 9 April.
“Rehearsals are going well,” said Emlyn Moment, “except for one major issue.
“RATz had problems casting one of the lead roles, the character Marius, played by Eddie Redmayne in the recently released film.
“With just under one month to go, a young man, Adam Brown, joined the company on Sunday, as Marius.
“Adam is an experienced opera and musical theatre enthusiast who became friends with RATz Chloe Phillips-Bartlett, who is playing Madame Thenardier, at a Gilbert and Sullivan festival in Harrogate last summer.
You may also want to watch:
“He is prepared to travel down from Knaresborough in Yorkshire to rehearse and to perform,” added Mr Moment.
“He proved to be an excellent singer and actor and we are extremely pleased and grateful for his commitment.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 7 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 8 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 9 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments