80,000 watch as Wisbech man, 66, is confronted by online child abuse campaigners
- Credit: Archant
A Facebook live stream of a Wisbech man being confronted by online child abuse campaigners was watched by nearly 80,000 people last night.
Vigilante group Safeguarding Kids Online (SKO) turned up outside the home of the 66-year-old and questioned him about a series of explicit messages and photos he had exchanged.
The only thing the man didn't know about the online exchange, according to the team from SKO was the person he thought to be a 15-year-old girl was in fact a decoy they had put in place.
Faced with the claims, the man chatted with SKO members as they waited for police to arrive. He was told the police had been called shortly after they had confronted him.
Police did not arrive until nearly two hours later during which time nearly 3,000 people had commented on the live stream.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said today: "A 66-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of engaging with sexual communication with a child at about 10.30pm on Sunday (26 January).
"He currently remains in custody"
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 9 'Eccentric traveller' spotted riding vintage bicycle ahead of historic trip
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week