80,000 watch as Wisbech man, 66, is confronted by online child abuse campaigners
- Credit: Archant
A Facebook live stream of a Wisbech man being confronted by online child abuse campaigners was watched by nearly 80,000 people last night.
Vigilante group Safeguarding Kids Online (SKO) turned up outside the home of the 66-year-old and questioned him about a series of explicit messages and photos he had exchanged.
The only thing the man didn't know about the online exchange, according to the team from SKO was the person he thought to be a 15-year-old girl was in fact a decoy they had put in place.
Faced with the claims, the man chatted with SKO members as they waited for police to arrive. He was told the police had been called shortly after they had confronted him.
Police did not arrive until nearly two hours later during which time nearly 3,000 people had commented on the live stream.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said today: "A 66-year-old man from Wisbech was arrested on suspicion of engaging with sexual communication with a child at about 10.30pm on Sunday (26 January).
"He currently remains in custody"
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police