Access services and speak with advisors at new ‘Customer Services Centre’ opening at The Boathouse Business Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: FDC
Fenland residents wanting to access council services or advice will soon be able to drop in at a new ‘Customer Services Centre’ in Wisbech.
The new centre - held at The Boathouse Business Centre in the town - will open its door on Wednesday, July 10 and will replace Bridge Street's one stop shop which closes on July 5.
The centre will be able to provide advice and information on services such as council tax, benefits, waste collections, homelessness, housing, planning and licensing.
Facilities include a payment point, self-service computers as well as face to face customer service with trained and uniformed staff.
Cllr Steve Tierney, Fenland District Council's Portfolio Holder for Transformation and Communication, said: "Our new centre will benefit the local community greatly.
You may also want to watch:
"It will provide access to a wide range of council services from one easy to reach location and at a reduced cost to the taxpayer.
"Many people are able to find the information they need or conduct their business online via our website or by calling or emailing us.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
"It is important that we continue to provide a high quality, face to face service with our staff."
The new centre will be open between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12noon on Saturdays. The Boathouse has disabled access and free parking.
For more information, visit: www.fenland.gov.uk or phone on 01354 654321