Access services and speak with advisors at new ‘Customer Services Centre’ opening at The Boathouse Business Centre in Wisbech
- Credit: FDC
Fenland residents wanting to access council services or advice will soon be able to drop in at a new ‘Customer Services Centre’ in Wisbech.
The new centre - held at The Boathouse Business Centre in the town - will open its door on Wednesday, July 10 and will replace Bridge Street's one stop shop which closes on July 5.
The centre will be able to provide advice and information on services such as council tax, benefits, waste collections, homelessness, housing, planning and licensing.
Facilities include a payment point, self-service computers as well as face to face customer service with trained and uniformed staff.
Cllr Steve Tierney, Fenland District Council's Portfolio Holder for Transformation and Communication, said: "Our new centre will benefit the local community greatly.
You may also want to watch:
"It will provide access to a wide range of council services from one easy to reach location and at a reduced cost to the taxpayer.
"Many people are able to find the information they need or conduct their business online via our website or by calling or emailing us.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
"It is important that we continue to provide a high quality, face to face service with our staff."
The new centre will be open between 9am and 4pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12noon on Saturdays. The Boathouse has disabled access and free parking.
For more information, visit: www.fenland.gov.uk or phone on 01354 654321