One-day-old foal stolen from field on outskirts of Wisbech
A ONE-day-old foal has been stolen from a field on the outskirts of Wisbech.It was taken between 4pm on Monday and 10am the following day from a field just off the A47 opposite Newbridge Lane.The foal is a black and white filly.PCSO Lydia Crabtree said
A ONE-day-old foal has been stolen from a field on the outskirts of Wisbech.
It was taken between 4pm on Monday and 10am the following day from a field just off the A47 opposite Newbridge Lane.
The foal is a black and white filly.
PCSO Lydia Crabtree said: "The owner is very upset, as is the mare which has needed medical treatment in order to keep her calm.
You may also want to watch:
"Without its mother's milk the foal will die. It is highly possible someone stole the foal to put with another mare whose own foal has died.
"I would like to speak to anyone who can recall seeing anything suspicious in the area, or anyone who may know anything about this."
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
CONTACT: PCSO Crabtree at the Rural Community Action Team on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.