Three killed in early hours collision on Fletton Parkway, Peterborough - one arrest for driving whilst under influence of drugs/drink
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Three people - all believed to be from the same family -died in a collision on the Fletton Parkway, Peterborough, just after midnight today (Sunday, April 14).
Police were called to a collision involving two vehicles at the slip road to Stanground on the westbound carriageway.
One vehicle had driven down the slip road the wrong way and collided head-on with another vehicle, killing all three of its occupants.
The driver of the offending vehicle has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and driving while under the influence of drink and/or drugs. He is in a critical condition in hospital.
The road was closed westbound this morning however it has now reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the collision is urged to contact police online at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 2 of April 14, or call 101.
“At this stage it is not confirmed that all next of kin have been made aware, therefore I am not releasing the vehicle details,” said a police spokesman.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache