On yer bike! New cycle shelter opened at Horsefair Shopping Centre
A NEW cycle shelter has been opened at a Wisbech shopping centre - more than doubling the number of bikes that can be left outside.
The Horsefair Shopping Centre’s new 36-space shelter, situated at the side of the Superdrug store, was installed thanks to a partnership scheme with Fenland District Council.
Kevin Smith, manager of the centre, said: “The new shelter will offer shoppers who prefer to visit the centre on a bike additional spaces to leave them. The shelter was previously full to capacity on a daily basis.
“We hope that it will encourage others to be greener by using bikes rather than their cars to take shorter journeys.”
Councillor Kit Owen, FDC’s portfolio holder for transport, said: “We’re very pleased to have been able to work closely with the Horsefair to put this new shelter in place.
You may also want to watch:
“By more than doubling the previous capacity it will make life a lot better for the increasing number of cyclists, both shoppers and commuters.
“It will also play its part in furthering two of our other aims - improving the street scene and promoting the use of sustainable transport.”
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 9 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
For more information on the Horsefair Shopping Centre visit: www.horsefairshoppingcentre.co.uk or call 01945 584109.