On yer bike! New cycle shelter opened at Horsefair Shopping Centre
A NEW cycle shelter has been opened at a Wisbech shopping centre - more than doubling the number of bikes that can be left outside.
The Horsefair Shopping Centre’s new 36-space shelter, situated at the side of the Superdrug store, was installed thanks to a partnership scheme with Fenland District Council.
Kevin Smith, manager of the centre, said: “The new shelter will offer shoppers who prefer to visit the centre on a bike additional spaces to leave them. The shelter was previously full to capacity on a daily basis.
“We hope that it will encourage others to be greener by using bikes rather than their cars to take shorter journeys.”
Councillor Kit Owen, FDC’s portfolio holder for transport, said: “We’re very pleased to have been able to work closely with the Horsefair to put this new shelter in place.
“By more than doubling the previous capacity it will make life a lot better for the increasing number of cyclists, both shoppers and commuters.
“It will also play its part in furthering two of our other aims - improving the street scene and promoting the use of sustainable transport.”
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
For more information on the Horsefair Shopping Centre visit: www.horsefairshoppingcentre.co.uk or call 01945 584109.