On yer bike! New cycle shelter opened at Horsefair Shopping Centre
A NEW cycle shelter has been opened at a Wisbech shopping centre - more than doubling the number of bikes that can be left outside.
The Horsefair Shopping Centre’s new 36-space shelter, situated at the side of the Superdrug store, was installed thanks to a partnership scheme with Fenland District Council.
Kevin Smith, manager of the centre, said: “The new shelter will offer shoppers who prefer to visit the centre on a bike additional spaces to leave them. The shelter was previously full to capacity on a daily basis.
“We hope that it will encourage others to be greener by using bikes rather than their cars to take shorter journeys.”
Councillor Kit Owen, FDC’s portfolio holder for transport, said: “We’re very pleased to have been able to work closely with the Horsefair to put this new shelter in place.
You may also want to watch:
“By more than doubling the previous capacity it will make life a lot better for the increasing number of cyclists, both shoppers and commuters.
“It will also play its part in furthering two of our other aims - improving the street scene and promoting the use of sustainable transport.”
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
For more information on the Horsefair Shopping Centre visit: www.horsefairshoppingcentre.co.uk or call 01945 584109.