On Track Education Centre is anything but - with Ofsted slamming ‘weak’ teaching and governance in report
- Credit: Archant
Weak governance and teaching has lead to a Wisbech special education centre being told to improve by Ofsted.
The On Track Education Centre, which charges over £35,600 a year per pupil, was handed ‘requires improvement’ ratings on all four of Ofsted’s criteria, and was told by lead inspector John Randall that its overall effectiveness has “declined over time due to weak governance, weaknesses in teaching and assessment.”
Mr Randall’s report following a visit earlier this year said school the school was failing to meet a number of independent school standards and leaders had allowed its effectiveness to deteriorate.
He said the school’s system for monitoring teaching and learning over time lacked clarity, and that some staff do not understand their roles as their job descriptions are not up to date.
The report also said that the school’s 15 pupils, who are all aged between 11 and 19, required improvement and that their attitudes towards learning are not consistently positive.
You may also want to watch:
It was also said that although individual attendance had improved, overall attendance was too low and teachers’ unfamiliarity with the school’s new electronic attendance system means they do not have detailed analysis or accurate figures.
The school was praised, however, for its efforts in making its pupils feel safe and its new leadership team was complimented for its speed in addressing the school’s weaknesses.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
The school’s proprietors, On Track Education Services Ltd, were told to improve planned lessons, show a good understanding of pupils’ needs and promote good behaviour among them by ensuring its behaviour policy is implemented.
On Track Education had previously received a ‘good’ Ofsted report in 2012.