On the ball
Wisbech Business and Professional Men s Club has given away the proceeds from its grand ball, held in October. The event raised £1,426 and the full amount has been given to two charities. A cheque for £1,000 was presented to Bryan Gunn, the former Scotlan
Wisbech Business and Professional Men's Club has given away the proceeds from its grand ball, held in October.
The event raised £1,426 and the full amount has been given to two charities.
A cheque for £1,000 was presented to Bryan Gunn, the former Scotland and Norwich City goalkeeper, for the Bryan Gunn Leukaemia Appeal.
The cheque was presented at Norwich City's Carrow Road ground.
You may also want to watch:
And £426 was given to BREAK, which provides residential child care, respite care, holidays and short breaks for children and adults with disabilities.
The cheque was received by Elizabeth Holman, the charity's community fund-raising officer.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused