Official opening for controversial �1m Wisbech playground
THE controversial �1million Waterlees playground in Wisbech will finally be officially opened next month.
The last piece of play equipment has been installed at the ‘self build’ area, believed to be the first of its kind in the world.
The climbing frame posts have been inserted and children using the site will be able to attach decks and side panels to make platforms and dens. The equipment also has a series of climbing nets and rope walkways that can all be adjusted and moved by the children as part of their play.
The decks, sides and nets will be made available to use during staffed sessions. They join two massive barges and a host of other facilities at the playground which has delighted many of the area’s children.
The playground has however been plagued by a number of problems since it started being built last summer.
You may also want to watch:
Angry residents have claimed that their lives have been made a misery since the playground has been built suggesting that drunken youths have ‘taken it over’.
A national media storm also arose after Inspector Andy Sullivan said that the park had become a ‘no-go’ area for his staff after dark.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
The opening event on May 7 begins at noon and will finish at 4pm. For more information about the playground visit www.wisbechadventureplay.net