Official opening for controversial �1m Wisbech playground
THE controversial �1million Waterlees playground in Wisbech will finally be officially opened next month.
The last piece of play equipment has been installed at the ‘self build’ area, believed to be the first of its kind in the world.
The climbing frame posts have been inserted and children using the site will be able to attach decks and side panels to make platforms and dens. The equipment also has a series of climbing nets and rope walkways that can all be adjusted and moved by the children as part of their play.
The decks, sides and nets will be made available to use during staffed sessions. They join two massive barges and a host of other facilities at the playground which has delighted many of the area’s children.
The playground has however been plagued by a number of problems since it started being built last summer.
You may also want to watch:
Angry residents have claimed that their lives have been made a misery since the playground has been built suggesting that drunken youths have ‘taken it over’.
A national media storm also arose after Inspector Andy Sullivan said that the park had become a ‘no-go’ area for his staff after dark.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 Loved by royalty, Wisbech museum gets life saving £616,000 grant
The opening event on May 7 begins at noon and will finish at 4pm. For more information about the playground visit www.wisbechadventureplay.net