Woman charged with assault after officer ‘spat at’ and police van damaged in altercation
- Credit: File/Harry Rutter/Archant
A police officer was spat at and a police van was damaged following a “disturbance” at a home in the Fens over the weekend.
Officers were called to Cox Close in Wisbech during the early hours of Saturday, October 17 following reports of an altercation.
A 30-year-old woman has since been charged with assaulting an emergency worker and criminal damage to a police vehicle after the incident.
Emma Weston has been bailed after her home arrest and will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on Monday, November 30.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We’ve charged a woman from Fenland with assaulting one of our officers and damaging a police van in Wisbech at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“The 30-year-old was arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning after we were called to a disturbance and an officer was spat at.
“She has since been charged with assaulting an emergency worker, criminal damage to a police vehicle and using threatening or disorderly behaviour with intent to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
“She’s been bailed to appear in court next month.”