Woman charged with assault after officer ‘spat at’ and police van damaged in altercation
- Credit: File/Harry Rutter/Archant
A police officer was spat at and a police van was damaged following a “disturbance” at a home in the Fens over the weekend.
Officers were called to Cox Close in Wisbech during the early hours of Saturday, October 17 following reports of an altercation.
A 30-year-old woman has since been charged with assaulting an emergency worker and criminal damage to a police vehicle after the incident.
Emma Weston has been bailed after her home arrest and will appear at Peterborough Magistrates’ Court on Monday, November 30.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We’ve charged a woman from Fenland with assaulting one of our officers and damaging a police van in Wisbech at the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
“The 30-year-old was arrested in the early hours of Saturday morning after we were called to a disturbance and an officer was spat at.
“She has since been charged with assaulting an emergency worker, criminal damage to a police vehicle and using threatening or disorderly behaviour with intent to cause harassment, alarm or distress.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder
“She’s been bailed to appear in court next month.”